The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of software test plans, test cases and test status reporting. This individual must possess experience with software testing in all phases of the software development lifecycle. This position will be responsible for leading and directing software testing activities on a Scrum team, and must be highly collaborative, demonstrate technical competence, and personal productivity including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead the testing activities for projects and provide status on those activities
- Test web based software, web services and mobile applications
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases
- Execute and maintain test plans and test cases to ensure products meet quality standards
- Document, track, and validate defects in bug tracking software
- Identify and communicate risk throughout the software development lifecycle and works cross-functionally to mitigate risk
- Ability to point out ambiguities in requirements
- Participate in program, design and document reviews
- Adheres to department software release schedules.
- Complies with regulatory guidelines and maintain associated documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Computer Science or other technical field, candidates with equivalent experience considered and a minimum of 8 years software testing experience.
- Ability to create and execute SQL queries.
- Experience testing web services
- Experience testing cloud based applications
- Development and execution of performance tests
- Thorough understanding of Software QA methodology, techniques, tools, and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience testing on an Agile team
- Mobile app test experience
- Experience with automation test frameworks and script development
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents of advanced technical complexity. Ability to write reports and research findings of a technical nature. Ability to speak and present effectively one-on-one as well as in small and large groups of professionals including customers, clients and collaborators, both inside and outside the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematics principles while performing essential job duties.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced reasoning skills required. Must have the ability to solve complex problems and weigh possible solutions to determine rank options to deliver optimal outcomes. Ability to assess problems involving several variables in changing situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Background must demonstrate the ability to operate effectively within a complex, dynamic environment.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity .