LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Advance your mechanical engineering career into the world of Global Engineering & Turnarounds!
LyondellBasell's Global Engineering & Turnarounds group is a world-class, central engineering support organization focused on expanding and improving our manufacturing facilities worldwide. GE&T supports turnarounds, major capital projects, and manufacturing sites across the globe from offices in the United States and Germany.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a high-performing Stationary Equipment, Mechanical Engineer to join our team of experts. US offices are located at our Houston Engineering Center (HEC) only 14 miles from Downtown Houston, near Channelview, TX. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
This position will function as a corporate Subject Matter Expert in Fitness-for-Service, Finite Element Analysis, and pressurized process equipment used in petrochemical and refining facilities. This position will focus on support of existing assets through FEA analysis and API 579 FFS Level 2 and Level 3 assessments. The individual must have the technical leadership and judgment to assess complex technical issues, apply high level analysis techniques, and then develop and communicate executable solutions. In addition, the candidate may lead one or more company-wide technology related improvement programs and own one or more company standards in his/her field of expertise
Roles & Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years of experience working as a mechanical engineer in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.
- Expert level knowledge of pressure equipment and application of industry standards such as ASME, ANSI, ASTM and API as they apply to design, analysis, re-rating and alteration of pressure equipment.
- Strong experience in Finite Element Analysis including application of elastic-plastic analysis, limit load analysis, and buckling analysis using one or more FEA software applications. ABAQUS experience is a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of API 579 FFS techniques and applications.
- Familiarity with at least one computer program for pressure equipment design.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical specifications, procedures and other technical documents.
- Ability to function with minimal guidance and to successfully manage multiple/changing priorities across multiple sites/functional areas.
- Experience in one or more of the following subjects is a plus: hot taps and working on live equipment, risk assessments, pipe stress analysis, fatigue assessments, creep damage assessment, assessment of vibrating equipment, and thermal-mechanical FEA.
- Capable of clear and concise verbal and written communication.
Please enter minimum qualifications here.
Strong knowledge of pipe stress analysis using CAESAR II preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston