Exciting opportunity to support the Air Force on a newly awarded contract! The Storage Admin will be responsible for assisting with a migration from physical storage to cloud storage (AWS & Azure). We are looking for someone with a strong Linux background and an interest in storage technologies. We will provide training on storage technologies!
Responsible for providing tiered support to resolve operations problems and escalate as needed for deployed infrastructure systems.
- Provide day-to-day operations and maintenance (preventative and corrective).
* Manage cloud services to include compute, storage, network and database.
* Support resolution of issues identified by security and vulnerability scanning for the C&S infrastructure.
* Assist the C&S Security Team in security assessment activities and security impact analysis.
* Utilize monitoring solutions (network, infrastructure, applications, and database) to provide proactive monitoring and performance management.
* Collaborate with other organizations as needed to support multi-system outages/issues.
* Monitor and proactively address capacity and demand management needs.
* Escalate to Tier 3 as needed
* Respond to incidents per Service Level Agreements (SLA).
* Provide Knowledge Base Articles to Tier 0/Tier 1 to aid in improving first contact resolution and escalation
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- 4-6 years of experience with Linux, physical storage, and/or cloud storage technologies
- Experience with NetApp, EMC, or other physical storage is preferred
- Active Secret clearance required
Other Job Specific Skills
- Gain experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud storage - we will provide training!
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and VMware
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware, software, storage, or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills.