Title of Job: Strategic Business Analyst
We are hiring a Strategic Business Analyst for our Fortune 500 healthcare client in Irvine, CA.
Schedule / Hours: Monday-Friday / normal business hours
Status: Full Time
Location: Irvine, CA
Effective Date / Tentative Start Date: Interviewing Immediately
This job is responsible for a variety of functions related to the general management and general business operations across the company and its businesses. You will conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning. They support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. They also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to, all the essential functions listed below:
- Participate in the definition of project roles to drive the gathering of detailed business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Identify applicable technical and business stakeholders, using appropriate Stakeholder Analysis tools/approaches
- Define the approach and effort required for defining business requirements
- Define and update the project schedule to track/measure progress of the requirements-gathering process
- Define approach for storing and updating business
- Adhere to established project lifecycle standards/requirements
- Collaborate with business and technical to identify specific business requirements
- Conduct current state analysis to gather current business, functional and non-functional requirements, and constraints
- Document future state using appropriate tools/processes
- Gather information needed for the definition of requirements
- Facilitate all needed requirements-gathering activities (e.g., meetings, workshops, JAD sessions)
- Develop business context diagrams (e.g., business data flows, process flows) to analyze/confirm the definition of project requirements
- Define desired future state requirements based on input from all applicable stakeholders
- Identify the business impact of system/application changes, using appropriate tools as
- Identify capability gaps between current state and desired
- Ensure adherence to enterprise standards for gathering and documenting project requirements
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders and project team members to create detailed requirements document.
- Communicate ongoing updates to all stakeholders to ensure understanding of and alignment with project status/changes
- Manage/update requirements documents as needed throughout the design/development process
- Perform reviews with all stakeholders to obtain approval/sign-off of project requirements document
- Support, contribute to and/or facilitate the identification/prioritization of business/process solutions
- Participate in reviews of conceptual designs and provide appropriate guidance/consulting to help ensure that they satisfy all documented requirements
- Partner with applicable stakeholders to identify the operational impact of changes within defined solutions
- Seek opportunities to improve operating efficiencies/effectiveness
- Identify opportunities to engage external resources to provide solutions, and contribute to the development of supporting documentation to facilitate appropriate vendor identification and selection
- Support ongoing operations/maintenance/enhancement of existing solutions, in partnership with applicable stakeholders
- Develop and implement plans for piloting and staging solutions, and manage stakeholder expectations, as applicable
- Analyze and balance risk/reward considerations for identified solutions
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully informed of new/updated solutions, and identify/escalate any issues communicated by stakeholders
- Support ongoing monitoring and adjustment of project scope/timelines/dependencies
- Develop and/or contribute to training programs to support implementation of the solution
- Ensure that identified solutions meet business requirements for all applicable stakeholders
- Identify and/or establish appropriate testing metrics/targets to validate that business requirements are being met
- Conduct and/or support testing activities, as appropriate
- Plan/execute user testing scenarios/scripts and prepare test data
- Translate problems/issues identified during the testing/piloting process, and engage the appropriate stakeholders (e.g., business, IT) to help identify impact and potential solutions
- Communicate testing results to appropriate stakeholders
- Validate usability of technical solutions prior to deployment -Participate in creation of implementation plans for identified solutions
- Provide ongoing support to ensure proper implementation and adoption of the solution
- Adhere to established systems development standards/requirements
What qualifications do I need to have?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a function or skill.
- Performs routine or structured work.
- Responds to routine or standard requests.
- Uses existing procedures and facts to solve routine problems or conduct routine analyses.
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance or direction
What Will My Day Look Like?
- We offer a competitive weekly salary and an opportunity for ongoing development that will further your career in the healthcare industry.
- Participate in various projects to help you grow in your career path in the fast-paced healthcare industry.
- You, your team and your manager will share goals, customer feedback and metrics to help you reach all of your weekly goals.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in discussions
- Required to maintain confidentiality and security of documents.
The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all of your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
- Weekly pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.