AZZ Enclosure Systems is looking for an experienced Project Engineer with Structural / Mechanical Engineering background.
Job Summary/Principal Purpose of Role:
Prepare engineering, calculations and design drawings on customer products and projects, collaborate with Project Management and customers to ensure specifications and performance requirements are met, and prepare engineering approvals and certifications are obtained as required by state
Job Responsibilities/Key Accountabilities:
- Analyze customer specifications and performance requirements to engineer product design.
- E nsure that all designs, drawings and calculations meet customer specifications.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for required state engineering certifications.
- Provide assistance and information to Project Managers, Drafters, Sales Staff, Production Team and customers on engineering questions and concerns.
- Research and evaluate feasibility and engineering requirements for potential new products.
- Design structure to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, and strength needs.
- Communicate with customers throughout project to ensure products are designed and manufactured according to requirements, changes are appropriately applied, and customers are satisfied with products and services provided.
- Analyze product, customer, and code requirements to ensure products are manufactured according to requirements.
- Study engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and developments in industry.
- Inspect existing projects and recommend repair and replacement of defective parts or rebuilding of entire structure.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field required (Mechanical, Structural or Civil)