Our office in Central New York is looking for a Structural Engineering Project Manager to provide leadership to our group of Architects and Structural Engineers while working on the design, evaluation and implementation of municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities throughout NY State and the Northeast.
This position will temporarily be out of our Cazenovia, NY office as we will be moving to our new office location in East Syracuse, NY during the Winter/Spring of 2020.
In this role, you will use your technical expertise to:
- Perform design calculations and structural evaluations
- Perform analysis and design retrofit of new and existing facilities
- Prepare/edit designs recommended by Project Engineers and provide mentorship by developing alternative design options to best suit the project needs
- Prepare portions of project documents including drawings and specifications
- Research code and regulatory requirements
- Assist in construction project work which could include site inspections, review of shop drawings, and responding to contractor’s questions
- Collaborate in the preparation of proposals for new projects and clients
- Assist in pursuing new project and client opportunities for the Properties and Buildings Service Line
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in the structural design of concrete and steel structures including water/wastewater treatment facilities
- NY PE license highly desired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of modeling and design software (i.e. RAM, Risa3D) as applicable
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to work within a team and independently
- Builds rapport with others; shows ability to influence with or without formal authority
- Good judgment and decisiveness
- Regular involvement in professional organizations highly desired
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.