Role/Title Structures MRB Engineer
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 06-12 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years dedicated Structures MRB Engineering experience at a recognized Aerospace Manufacturer.
- Experience should include creation and justification of engineering dispositions for nonconformances of composite and metallic, pressurized and non-pressurized aircraft structures.
- Experience should be in a Production and/or schedule-driven environment.
- Capability to analyze and rapidly design repairs based on equivalent strength/stiffness of surrounding structure while in a schedule driven environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate (such as, but not limited to: Catia V5, Solumina, SmarTeam, Word, Excel)
- Typically a 40 hr work week, with some week/weekend OT.
- Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.