LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
We are seeking a skilled professional First Line Supervisor to join our Maintenance Team. In this role, you will coordinate, direct and manage daily activities within their area of responsibility. This position will ensure the safe, efficient and reliable execution of activities for manufacturing facilities to satisfy customer requirements, manufacturing performance measures, regulatory agency requirements and community obligations. The incumbent will provide positive leadership by being a role model, setting expectations and maintaining accountability around those expectations, and providing timely performance feedback through the effective use of dialog and coaching.Roles & Responsibilities
* Follows up daily with all personnel in order to ensure compliance with HSE regulations, Goal Zero Rules of Performance, and work procedures.
* Ensures the availability of all necessary resources (people, material, equipment, tools, parts, etc.) in order to guarantee safe and reliable operation and/or maintenance of site assets.
* Monitors all applicable existing performance indicators, scheduling, and make necessary decisions in case of deviations. Actively participates in troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and process issues.
* Anticipates potential problems to avoid downtime; stabilize, slowdown or shutdown any activity that could result in an injury, process safety event, environmental event or unstable situations.
* Ensures the accuracy of data collected, including but not limited to (performance versus forecasts, reasons for deviations, actions taken, etc.).
* Adheres to guidelines to create consistency with other areas within the site with similar roles and responsibilities.
* Ensures compliance with Company Operational Excellence Standards and site procedures that support those standards.
* Drives performance to the business plan through sound practices and policies.
* Coordinates activities with support groups ensuring the effective operability of company assets.
* Proposes procedure revisions to continuously improve site performance and compliance requirements.
* Supervises employees in a bias-free, non-discriminatory manner in employee hiring, promotions, performance improvement, and other employee related practices and decisions.
* Be an effective communicator with the technicians, as well as between shift, day staff, and unit management.
* Administers company policies and procedures.
* Develops summaries and plans regarding continuous improvement ideas and activities on basis of accumulated data and documentation.
* Champion innovative ideas from site employees.
* Collaborates with engineering to identify problems, propose solutions, and implement improvements to production processes according to site directives.
* Participates in the implementation and follow up of the plant HSE policies.
* Completes behavioral safety observations assessments and audits, etc.
* Correct personnel issues that arise within their assigned area.
* Review budget, managing OT cost control.
* Off hours accountability with maintenance activities, namely costs, productivity, and HSE.
* Establish standards such that all employees have a high level of safety and environmental awareness and are accountable for their actions.
* Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
* Ensures direct reports are staying in compliance with training, e.g. qualification, MOC, investigation review, new equipment and procedure updates.
* Addresses problems with regard to safety, environmental, equipment, process or personnel issues and escalates them appropriately.
* Ensures issues are reported, investigated and resolved in a timely manner and corrective action is taken where appropriate.
* High school diploma required
* Minimum 7 years of experience in plant operations, engineering or technical field in addition to supervisory experience; or an Associate's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Technical field may substitute for supervisory experience.
Military leadership experience may be substituted for supervisory experience
* Strong communication skills-both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate others with strong leadership and teamwork abilities
* Demonstrated strong independent decision making skills
* Willing and able to work 12-hour, 7-day rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as necessary
* Must be able to understand and adhere to strict environmental, health, safety, security and quality policies
* Willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions
* Must have strong computer skills including SAP and Microsoft Office
* Two years of 'Step-up Supervisor' or other similar leadership experience is strongly preferred
* Minimum 7 years of experience in instrument and/or electrical maintenance in the Petrochemical Industry
Referral Bonus: $1,500.00
Nearest Major Market: Houston