Position - Supplier Quality Engineer
We have two immediate openings for two supplier quality engineers in Peoria, IL. These openings belong to our client who is an industry leader in the mining industry. These positions have a heavy quality focus on welding, fabrication and raw material introduction.
- Previous quality experience in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of welding, machining and fabrication processes
- Prior experience performing quality functions such as 8D, 5P, Control Plan, FMEA, APQP, etc..
- Previous experience performing ISO audits on-site at suppliers
- An ASQC certification as a Quality Engineer (Preferred), Quality Auditor (Preferred), and other ASQ certifications are preferred.
- Bachelor's in engineering, Business Administration or other technical field strongly preferred but not mandatory
- Plan and conduct supplier audits to assure supplier processes and Quality systems are appropriate for incoming products and capable of consistently achieving desired quality levels at optimum costs.
- Determine type and degree of control necessary to assure conformance of the manufactured and purchased product shipped. Take the lead with appropriate supplier, purchasing and sourcing resources to ensure non-conforming product is not used and the supplier's quality processes are correct.
- Manage and administer the 'Corrective Action System' to achieve the timely documented corrective action for product non-conformance. Report results and actions I.e. maintain meeting minutes, action plans, etcetera.
- Analysis data and prioritize action plans for supplier improvement.
- (Warranty Claims, Technical Service Information, Defect Notices, etcetera)
- Monitor, develop, chart, report and present specific Quality Indices (weekly, monthly, quarterly and year) for internal and external use.
- Monitor, develop, chart, report and present specific Supplier Quality improvement activities
- (QC Circle, 6-Sigma, etcetera).
- Develop and issue detailed procedures to facilitate the ISO 9001 Quality Management System (to assure compliance and clear process understanding).
- Lead quality improvement effort (QC Circle) with a cross-functional team as required by individual research and prioritization of quality issues. Investigate and provide manufacturing, purchasing and sourcing with the disposition of nonconforming products.
- Participant in Safety effort (Safety Circle).
- Manage and administer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) for new supplier submissions, revised part, corrective action and etcetera.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.