Provide system administration support functions for all Office 365 services. This includes planning, analysis, troubleshooting, integration, installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of operating system on servers. Maintain a highly reliable system through proper configuration and regular system monitoring. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Apply in-depth knowledge of system administration functions to perform and/or lead assignments or projects. Solve problems of a complex nature and/or diverse scope. Work independently and receive minimal guidance on work assignments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all Office 365 services including updates and patching
- Document changes to the systems using change management best practices
- Maintain a highly reliable system through proper configuration and regular system monitoring
- Work with security team to develop policies and processes for cloud app security and handling O365 account alerts, DLP policies, and multifactor authentication
- Manage user and admin roles including security and compliance roles
- Plan and implement O365 security, availability and usage
- Manage and monitor Azure AD Connect
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with organizational change management
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements (based on defined SLAs).
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Champion the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for our business.
- Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Office 365 services and support.
- Collaborate with other IT staff, including Level 1 Service Desk and Desktop Services, to ensure cross training and facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Manage basic SharePoint online functions including the creation of site collections, applications, permissions and end user training.
- Manage Exchange Online including delegation rights, distribution lists, content searches, and eDiscovery.
- Troubleshoot mail flow issues as needed including quarantine, spam filters, and message traces
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
Candidates should have experience with:
- Exchange Administration
- Migration of MX records for M&A efforts
- Tenant Migrations (Binary Tree)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT or comparable degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with Exchange administration
- 2+ years of Office 365 (over 1000 users) administration experience
- 2+ years of Microsoft Windows Server administration experience
- 2+ years Powershell scripting experience
- Experience managing Azure AD Connect; experience with Azure AD user management both for Office 365, ADFS, and third-party services; experience using O365 Discovery Toolset; experience managing O365 licensing
- Experience in managing Microsoft Azure services preferred
- Certification and/or License- Office 365 MCSA or like Microsoft certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its interaction with Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Office 365 Teams/Groups/Video/Delve/Power BI/OneDrive
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online
- Advanced skills managing Office 365 using PowerShell.
- Extensive understanding of Office desktop applications, support and deployment
- Able to support of Office 365 mobile applications
- Must be able to read, write and speak English