The Tactical Mobility (TacMo) Integrated Product Team (IPT) is seeking an experienced IT Specialist - Systems Administrator to support TacMo’s Information Technology (IT) architecture, computer/network systems and business needs
Essential Job Functions:
The TacMo IPT consists of Science and Engineering (S&E) personnel (program management, software, and hardware) and Specialists/Analysts in supporting roles (cyber security, configuration management, etc.). As a computer Systems Administrator (SA), the incumbent will be required to support the planning, installation, configuration, testing, implementation, and management of the systems environment. The SA will manage and operate computer systems including performing backups, software installations, hardware installations and/or modifications, system scanning and patching, and security vulnerability remediation. This position is responsible for the day-to-day technical operation, maintenance and security of a computer system.
* Provide support for hardware and software installation, maintenance, and security of Microsoft Windows servers and clients.
* Provide support for administration and maintenance of SAN hardware and Operating System (OS). Install, administer, troubleshoot, and harden web servers.
* Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems.
* Provide support for all aspects of the VMWare environment.
* Provide support for maintenance, system/database design, automation, development of multi-platform classified networks, disaster recovery, servers, firewalls, and computers as required by the IPT laboratories.
* Provide technical user support to local personnel, including occasional night and weekend events.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
High school diploma/GED plus 3-5 years of experience, or Associate's-level (AA/AS/Technical school) plus 2 years of experience.
IAT Certification (e.g. A+, Security+, Network+, CISSP).
Must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance and maintain for the duration of employment.
Experience with Unix/Linux, Sun, SQL, Visual Basic, C#, PowerShell, Android administration, anti-virus, logging and legacy systems and applications.
Experience with Microsoft Windows servers and desktop environments, data back-up systems, RAID systems, NetApp SAN, VMWare, and Microsoft IIS 6/7.
Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and vulnerability scanning.
Knowledge on network hardware, including switches, hubs, routers, fiber, blade servers, and exchange servers.
Expertise with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Access).
Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
Previous experience in a Software Development Environment.
Experience with Microsoft Access and SharePoint.
Ability to perform Information Assurance (IA) functions and generate documentation.
Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) for government owned Android devices.