Job Title: Windows System Administrator
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL - 33716
Job Type: Contract
Our client is an American multinational independent investment back and financial services company providing financial services to individuals, corporations, and municipalities. All of their enterprise and customer facing applications are developed and supported in house by an incredibly smart group of hardworking and down to earth employees.
This individual will help administers and manage complex enterprise software solutions and acts as primary support and central point of contact on large or multiple applications with significant impact across the firm. This person will have extensive contact with internal customers, other technology professionals, and vendors. They will be required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve system issues and problems independently.
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree. Will typically have at least three (3) years’ experience, including large enterprise experience. May have one or more technical or professional certifications.
- 3+ years’ experience with installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of applications on Windows Server 2003, 2008, Redhat Linux, IIS, familiar with SCOM management packs and basic SQL queries
- 3+ years’ experience with determining the impact of infrastructure changes to applications and taking the steps necessary to ensure stability and availability.
- 3+ years’ experience creating automation to assist with code deployments, configuration changes, daily application administration and problem resolution using PowerShell or Linux scripting.
- Manages and maintains complex software systems.
- Performs application software implementations and upgrades.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned applications.
- Monitors applications, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment and application, monitoring error logs, and automating administration tasks wherever possible. Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Installs or coordinates installation of application patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding application availability.
- Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT departments and application vendors regarding installations, server maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, Pre-production, test, and development environment problems quickly.
- Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned systems.
- Maintains current description and documentation of application configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments.
- Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning on assigned systems.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
Project and team details:
- Working on a team supporting 750 servers with more than 200 apps on those servers.
- Need experience deploying and troubleshooting web server applications.
- Will primarily be administering Windows Servers (v. 2012, 2016 and 2008)
- Need strong experience with Windows Servers and installing Web applications (IIS preferred)
- Need some automation experience and PowerShell scripting is a big plus
- Some Linux is a plus as well as Linux scripting is a plus
- This position is for straight contract only at this time, prefer local.
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting web applications/services.
- Java application support.
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!