Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Seeking a Windows based Systems Administrator at an enterprise level. This person will also need automated scripting experience using tools such as PowerShell, Python, and Perl to assist in the administration and management complex enterprise technology solutions.
- Acts as primary support and central point of contact on large or multiple systems with significant impact across the firm.
- Extensive contact with internal customers, other technology professionals, and vendors is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve system issues and problems.
- Manages and maintains complex systems.
- Performs implementations and upgrades in compliance with security guidelines.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned systems.
- Monitors systems, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment and monitoring error logs. Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding application availability.
- Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT departments and vendors regarding installations, server maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, pre-production, test, and t environment problems quickly.
- Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned systems.
- Maintains current description and documentation of application configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments.
- Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning on assigned systems.
- Participates in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience preferably in systems or application administration or combination of education, training and experience.
- Concepts, principles and practices of systems administration.
- Application and web technologies.
- automated scripting experience using tools such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.
- Monitoring tools to ensure required availability of assigned systems.
- Active Directory and DNS.
- Backup and recovery technologies.
- Virtualization concepts and technologies.
- Network and security concepts and technologies.