This Systems Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers utilizing a number of different operating systems, system applications, and tools.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, storage, and virtualization
* Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
* Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
* Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT systems
* Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
* Administer and support key systems such as Active Directory, Exchange, and Remote Desktop Services
* Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade Microsoft operating systems.
* Facilitate or assist with supporting 3rd party application and tools, as appropriate, such as SharePoint,
Help Desk incident management tools, and/or other proprietary or vendor-provided systems
* Write and maintain system documentation.
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the
* Other duties as needed or required.
* High School diploma
* 3 years' experience in an IT role performing implementation, troubleshooting, analysis, and maintenance of systems
* Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and DNS
* Experience with PowerShell
* Experience with Microsoft System Center
* Experience with Virtualization especially Microsoft Hyper-V and Failover Clustering * Experience with iSCSI
* College degree
* Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
* Knowledge of LAN/W AN administration
* Knowledge of computer security standards, procedures and protocol
* Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
* Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
* Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use
of personal compute).
* Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required. * Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.