The Systems Administrator primary duties include installing, troubleshooting, updating/patching, and maintenance of
physical and virtualized environments, lab assets, & IT infrastructure. Candidate will sustain operational uptime on either
Windows or Red Hat Linux systems and provide daily support for hardware and software issues, data recovery, system
upgrades, software upgrades, and configuration issues.
Working with Cyber Associates and using reporting tools like ACAS and SCAP scans, System Administrator will perform
security hardening on systems using DoD STIGs and other best practice security guidelines. In the role, the selected candidate will pick up some of the skills for team lead, mentor others, and work with management on schedules, cost analysis, planning and proposals.
- For a Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree with 6 years of related experience, or 10 years of related
- experience in lieu of a degree
- For a Sr. Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree with 9 years of related experience, or 13 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Server, or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Must have Security+ with Continuing Education (CE) or equivalent certification under DoD 8570.01-M
- Active Secret clearance required to start
- Experience in Virtualization technology (VMWare)
- Experience configuring/maintaining Networking Hardware (Switch, Router, Firewall)
- Experience as administrator using Ansible, IPA/IDM identity management systems, Red Hat Satellite, Kickstart
- Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience with Storage devices
- Experience utilizing cybersecurity software applications
- Experience in working with Agile Project Management
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience with Git or related version control
- Experience working with vendors to expedite installations and repairs to ensure maximum uptime
- In-depth experience in Operations and Maintenance activities of IT infrastructure
- Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.