Job Title: System Analyst
Job Location: Bay area - Remote
Job Title: Contract
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative drug therapies for the treatment of cancer.
We are seeking an IT System Analyst who will be reporting into the global IT Project Management Office (PMO). This role will assist with administrative and operational activities with our PPM tools, developing a product roadmap for IT PMO day-to-day operations, ensuring that procedures continue to run smoothly. The System Analyst will collaborate with all IT staff to organize events, schedule meetings, send communications and provide supplemental project management support for the PMO.
This candidate will also serve as a liaison between the customer community and project management office team via clearly documented functional, system, and process requirements. They will work with clients to obtain requirements through interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, workflow analysis and use cases.
The candidate will evaluate the information from those multiple sources to develop an understanding of the clients' business requests and needs and translates them into application and operational requirements.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Administration activities with our PPM tools. (i.e. on & off-boarding of end user accounts & monthly audits)
- Triage and resolution of service desk tickets for PMO-related application requests.
- Maintain and manage our Smartsheet global update request backlog to prioritize enhancements of our PPM tools. (Smartsheet & Slido)
- Further development of our Smartsheet community roadmap to further strengthen end-user engagement.
- Analyze our current PPM tool architecture and processes to identify gaps and suggest mitigation plans to streamline our processes.
- Assistance with IT contract management & purchase order (PO) creation.
- Provide support and assistance to IT PMO and leadership in completion of required tasks to meet departmental and project goals.
- Schedule and participate in project related meetings, document meeting minutes and action items, and gather status updates from project team members.
- Generate and publish periodic status reports.
- Develop and update presentation materials for IT PMO & ITLT meetings.
- 2-5 years of experience using Smartsheet.
- 2-5 years in an application administration role supporting configuration, user account maintenance, vendor management.
- Strong skills with building reports, dashboards and metrics.
- Capable of being given a business system objective and then figuring out the most efficient way to meet the objective with the resources and tools already in place.
- Smartsheet Product Certification is a big plus.
- Work experience in the high tech or biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Experience administering Smartsheet including control center, reporting, and dashboards is preferred.
- Experience with data analytics (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) tools a plus.
- Experience as project coordinator, project manager or in a PMO environment a plus.
- Motivated to learn and develop professional skills.
- Strong planning, organizing, and execution skills.
- Possess a high degree of personal responsibility who exhibits impeccable integrity and good judgement with sensitive information.
- Ability to proactively manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Develop and implement creative solutions to improve processes.
- Comfortable working collaboratively within a global team setting, and with staff of different backgrounds and experience levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit, Shares expertise with others.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Computer Skills:
- Computer savvy. High typing speed and accuracy needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with MS Office Suite and other productivity software.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.