Job Description: Backup and Recovery Administrator
Backup and Recovery Administrators are accountable for providing a stable, integrated, operational backup and recovery environment for business use. They are accountable for the successful backup cycles of applications and infrastructure as well as being accountable for the triage and resolution of issues/problems through the effective coordination and communication with appropriate internal and external partners/customers. Primary job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform backup administration duties including but not limited to installing, configuring and troubleshooting, setting up backup policies and schedules
- Manage backup environment and ongoing operations by ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up
- Ensure that the backup technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture that meet enterprise standards
- Assist in the research, design, implementation, and testing of backup and recovery solutions
- Assist in the installation, testing, migration, and maintenance of backup software technologies and solutions
- Proactively monitor and report performance utilization of backup technologies
- Troubleshoot backup software and hardware issues/failures
- Resolve alerts, and perform remediation of missing or failed backups
- Manage problem tickets and out of cycle restore requests from data owners
- Collect and present data for reporting, and capacity planning
- Assist with tactical strategies for backup and recovery
- Determine migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Write program scripts/code of medium complexity
- Develop processes and procedures for operational backup and backup technologies
- Participation in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Perform on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent work experience
- 4 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technical infrastructure or development
- Must have extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
- Understanding of multihomed and multitenant architectures in relation to the backup and recovery
- Understanding of client server network routing configurations
- Experience in N-Tier architecture (separation of application layers)
- Knowledge and experience in capacity planning and project management
- Experience using and gathering business requirements and translating them into technical solutions.
- Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
- Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
- Experience with or knowledge of Backup/Storage technologies and methodologies for Exchange, Oracle, SQL, SharePoint, DB2/UDB, VMware and NAS
- Familiarity with backup and recovery terminology
- Understanding of backup and recovery principles
- Understanding of disaster recovery principles
- Experience using CommVault client side Deduplication capabilities is a plus.
- Experience using CommVault with DataDomain Deduplication Devices is a plus.
- Experienced administration of Windows, VMWare, AIX and/or Linux is a plus
- Support and Management of Data Domain & Isilon NAS infrastructure
- Understanding of Media Pool and Usage of media located on Local Disk, NFS/CIFS, IBM ATL and Deduplication devices is important.
CommVault Backup and Recovery Administration accountable for providing a stable, integrated, operational backup and recovery environment for business use. They are accountable for the successful backup cycles of applications and infrastructure as well as being accountable for the triage and resolution of issues/problems through the effective coordination and communication with appropriate internal and external partners/customers.