The project provides operations and engineering services, and software development related to the Life Cycle Support of customer operations. Position will be test focused, to include validating current test results, which may require some scripting due to the volume of data. Individuals will need to have the ability to document defects suitable for developers to follow. The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced System Engineer 2 with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
The OCEANWAVE (OW) program supports our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, OW looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the OW program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Primary Responsibilities
The System Engineer 2 position is test focused, to include validating current test results, which may require some scripting due to the volume of data, and stepping through many GUI operations to ensure no breakage. Individual will need to provide documentation of defects to include repeatable steps for developers.
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs. Basic Qualifications
It is essential that the selected individual have a telephony background in order to understand the system and what it does in order to effectively create tests.They will need experience with the following:
- Signal Analysis: Individual shall have analysis experience with modern digital/optical telecommunications systems, to include Bell, CEPT, or SDH/PDH digital communications signals and the payload data within these signal structures. Individual shall have analysis experience with randomization, forward error correction and performing bit-level analysis of computer communications protocols. Shall be able to generate analysis reports.
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks: Individual shall have experience in modern digital telecommunications systems and protocols, to include: Optical Transport Network (OTN) Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Synchronous Optical Networks (SONET), SDH and PDH, LAN/WAN Networks, IP Networks, and ATM switches. The individual shall have experience in the study, design, exploitation, or implementation of communication networks with these technologies.
- Telephony Switching System: Individual shall have experience in telephony switching system networks. This experience shall be in switching systems and dialing standards most commonly used in today’s international networks and telephony systems. Shall be able to generate component/system specifications as well as identify solutions.
- Communications Systems: Individual shall have experience in internet communications. This experience shall be with metadata, protocols, addressing, and routing of today’s internet and computer systems.
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems: Individual shall have experience in studying, designing, developing, exploiting, and/or testing components or systems that modulate or demodulate mobile cellular/personal communications systems. Individual shall have experience with the various standards associated with these 2G/3G/4G systems.
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems: Individual shall have experience in designing, developing, and/or testing components or systems that modulate, demodulate, multiplex and/or demultiplex conventional Bell, CEPT, or SDH/PDH/OTN digital communications signals. Individual shall have experience with the various standards associated with these systems.
- Packet Switching System: Individual shall have experience in packet switching system networks. This experience shall be in switching systems and packet protocols most commonly used in today’s international networks. Shall be able to generate component/system specifications as well as identify solutions.
- Systems Engineering: Individual shall have experience designing and developing large-scale systems, containing multiple subsystems and requiring integration with external systems. This experience shall focus on all aspects of acquisition, requirements definition, system design, development, and training. The individual shall have experience in basic SIGINT technology as well as integrating, installing, configuring, changing, and optimizing HW & SW solutions into an overall system architecture.
- Advanced Protocols: Individual shall have experience in Advanced Protocols, to include Open Transport Network (OTN), Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON), Session Internet Protocol (SIP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN), Multi-link Peer to Peer Protocol (MLPPP), Virtual Concatenation (VCAT).
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Ability to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers
- Professional experience interfacing with customers, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Strong communication skills
- Some travel to deployment sites may be necessary
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.