Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide customer premises equipment (CPE) activation, provisioning, and operations applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for Application Administration of CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platforms applications. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Works with Product, IT and Engineering teams to determine needs.
- Reviews existing integration capabilities, data sources, and cost and functionality.
- Creates work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization and release management.
- Deployment of core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes. Installs, administers, configures and maintains CPE activation, provisioning, and operations applications including operating systems and related software.
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades.
- Implements change control policies and disaster recovery plans. Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Works on multiple highly complex major projects requiring innovative, original solutions
- Plans multiple projects simultaneously. Estimates, tracks & completes project on time and within budget.
- Results are key to successful completion of major projects/programs.
- Leads group of engineers and technicians, responsible for budget and manpower estimates.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS or equivalent
+10 years experience
- Is a SME on multiple platforms and/or systems under specialty and with a detailed understanding of how multiple systems interact. Develops innovative solution to unique problems. Professional abilities & technical accomplishments are recognized throughout the lab and within the professional community in the area of expertise.
- Works mostly independently with minimal supervision.
- Provides guidance to group.
- Work is reviewed infrequently. Outcomes reviewed by organizational management/head.
- Exercises substantial initiative/judgment in work methods and in interpreting goals.
- Able to effectively train people outside his/her work group.
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high level customers and effectively represent work group on review panels and cross-organizational teams. Can write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption.
- Knowledge of end to end service design and operations of Voice, Video, Data, and Business Services
- Knowledge of Provisioning process
- Knowledge of firmware deployment process
- Microsoft Applications i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Incognito Provisioning Platforms
-Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- some travel may be required