Solutions Point is recruiting for a System Operations Lead role for a good client of our located in Kansas City, Mo. (Near 95th and Stateline Rd).
The System Operations Lead‘s primary responsibility is to lead a team of System Administrators and DBAs that are responsible for the availability, performance, and support of the core line of business environment. This position includes three main components:
• Manage the team’s daily operational tasks and projects by monitoring workloads, assigning resources and assessing how new functionality will impact the overall system.
• Act as an individual contributor to assist the team in the daily workload; with the ability to cover on-call shifts as needed. Act as the initial point of supervisory escalation for on-call staff.
• SME of all core line of business environment systems
This position helps to manage the department that is responsible for providing second-tier support for all systems in the core line of business environment. The department is also responsible for after-hours support of those same systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision and delegation of various tasks related to operational support in the core line of business environment
• Responsible for incident management, response, and post-mortem reporting
• Point of contact for all business units requiring assistance or information related to the company environment.
• Responsible for providing second-tier support for all systems.
• Responsible for the supervision of system upgrades, configuration and deployment of company technologies.
• Responsible for appropriate coverage of monitoring systems and reporting of availability and performance trends.
• Understand impact of SSAE-18 and PCI requirements and how it relates to this position, including maintaining compliance with both policies and procedures.
• Responsible for creation and maintenance of systems policies and procedures - deployments, databases, applications, systems, operations, etc.
• Maintain the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans, and the Business Impact Assessment for the Company.
• Assist InfoSec team during system audits and manage remediation work requested based on any findings
• Miscellaneous tasks assigned by manager.