View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Security Clearance required: SECRET (Active) with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Systems Administrator will support the infrastructure, operating systems, virtual platforms, and applications within a large government environment.
- Install and maintain all server hardware and software systems and administer all server performance and ensure availability for same.
- Maintain all system backup and assist to restore all procedures and provide required training to all users.
- Design and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor all capacity planning.
- Integrate all required software and resolve all issues across various technologies and design require enterprise servers and provide back up support.
- Evaluate all documents according to system requirements and evaluate all design and perform tests on all development activities and administer all complex methodologies.
- Develop an infrastructure to provide support to all business requirements and perform regular troubleshoot on system to resolve all issues.
- Monitor everyday systems and evaluate availability of all server resources and perform all activities for Linux servers.
- Assist to configure and deploy all virtual machines and install and provide backup to all configuration procedures.
- Maintain and monitor all patch releases and design various patch installation strategies and maintain all systems according to NIST standardization.
- Administer all performance for various resources and ensure optimization for same and provide support to all applications and ensure optimal level of customer services.
- Maintain and monitor all system frameworks and provide after call support to all systems and maintain optimal Linux knowledge.
- Perform troubleshoot on all tools and maintain multiple servers and provide back up for all files and script management servers.
- Perform tests on all new software and maintain patches for management services and perform audit on all security processes.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, technology, degree or relevant equivalent experience is desired
- Must have at least 6 years’ experience with Systems Administration/Engineering specifically in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience patching, compiling, securing, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux servers
- Experience performing system updates and server configurations
- Experience with implementation of changes in multiple environments from development to production
- Experience with various scripting languages such as: Shell, Bash, Python, and PHP.
- Experience working with virtualization tools such as VMWare is desired
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.