Security Clearance Required: Interim Secret or Secret
US Citizenship Required
Locations: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: The Systems Administrator will assist in providing virtualization, Windows or Linux support and administration for the various systems and servers within the data centers at MCU.
- Provide technical and administrative support services, including installation, operation, documenting, and maintenance, for network systems and servers running MCU software, to include operating system software such as, Microsoft Server 2012 and higher, Microsoft Windows 2010 and higher, Macintosh OSX-12 and higher, and Red Hat Linux 6.x and higher. Servers are a combination of physical and/or virtual. Virtual servers are in a VMWare vSphere 6.x or higher virtual environment.
- Will provide technical assistance during transitions from a physical to a virtual server, including software, virtual desktop interface, software licensing and tracking.
- Assist with themaintenance and operation of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure based on technology such as VMWare Horizon 6 or higher, using a zero client architecture.
- Will work on a team that installs, manages, monitors, and secures network operations technologies such as physical and virtual server platforms, storage systems (e.g., NetApp Data OnTap 8.x NAS/SAN), tape backup devices, UPSs, switches, routers, etc.
- Provide support for infrastructure (Active Directory, DNS, accounts, etc.) necessary for operating a Microsoft server environmentin a virtualized (server and client) data center using VMWare.
- Troubleshoot software problems for software running on servers or client workstations, including diagnosing problems, recommending solutions, and implementing corrective actions.
- Conduct backup of system data on at least a daily basis and test recovery based on government approved backup plan.
- Assist with updating all servers and application software in accordance with applicable Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs)/ Operational Directives (OPDIRs), and vendor best practices in a time frame commensurate with government direction.
- Deploy software through Windows Software Update Service (WSUS) and Group Policy objects.
- Resolve issues with Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes.
- Implement the Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for installed products.
- Identify non-compliant systems and servers in ACAS and patch and/or update POA&M as required.
- Troubleshoot Windows OS issues at a Tier 2 or higher level.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must have DOD 8570 compliant certification (IAT Level II or Higher), such as Security+ CE
- MUST HAVE Current, active Operating System (OS) Certification such as: Microsoft Certification, Virtualization/VM Certification, Linux Certification, Cloud Certification, Etc.
- Some Experience with Windows Servers 2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016 desired
- A broad technical skill set is crucial to being successful in this position.
- Some experience working withina virtualized environment is desired
- Experience with VMWare, Hyper-V or other virtualization software desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience with a scripting language (BAT, Powershell, VBS, etc) is desireable
- Experience with Microsoft, Unix/Linux (Specifically RedHat 7), Mac OS operating systems is desirable
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Technology industry.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Voluntary Long-Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Paid Federal Holidays
AD&D and Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.