We have a career opening for a System Administrator in Cary, North Carolina. The job of the System Administrator is installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual operating system workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements. Perform user account management. Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments.
The successful candidate must be able to do the following:
* Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
* Perform Active Directory object management
* Install, operate and maintain ARNG directory services (i.e., Active Directory (AD)) for the ARNG Domain
* Maintain AD structure (Enterprise policies, user, and computer groups)
* Maintain ARNG AD Forest Root and administrative domains along with State, Territory, and NGB NCR NEC level AD structures
* Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Enterprise Services
* Excellent communication skills
* Capable of resolving complex issues
* Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
* Capable of multi-tasking
* Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments
* Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience, or 5+ years as a Systems Administrator (Microsoft). Additional training, technical certification, and/or years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
* Experience configuring and maintaining Windows Operating System platforms
* Level II DoD 8570 certifications: Security+ CE
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have an active SECRET clearance
* ITIL Foundation Certification (obtain within 90 days of hire)
* Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Shift: Day Job
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.