As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will work alongside web, security, and the application teams to support transition and operations of IT client web sites and applications in the Amazon Cloud.
Your responsibilities will include technical design, implementation, and support services. Areas of focus will include IaaS, implementation and optimization, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security to our internal customers.
- Deploying, and managing, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Deploying and maintaining Linux (RHEL/Ubuntu) & Windows servers.
- Implementing and controlling security to and from AWS assets.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
- Understanding of AWS usage costs.
- Receive and record incident related information leveraging tools and process, selects appropriate actions to resolve issues and communicates the solution or action plan to the client.
- Understand high level cloud application architecture and provide initial analysis on incidents.
- Coordinate and engineer AWS Availability Zone and regional architecture for data protection, DR and manual redundancy fail overs.
- Provide daily, weekly & monthly integrated service management reports across all solutions.
- Provide support in the configuration and integration of ITIL tools (ideally ServiceNow).
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A Deep technical skill in AWS Service infrastructure, software architecture and cloud computing, demonstrated ability to think tactically and strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges.
- Will have significant experience with monitoring tools such as Amazon Cloud Watch. Will have deep technical knowledge of AWS EC2, VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Lambda, Container management, S3, Intelligent Tiering, EBS, RDS and AWS Systems Manager automation.
- Be able to use professional knowledge and problem determination / source identification skills to resolve problems involving APIs, application services, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, micro-services, containers, Kubernetes nodes, middleware components, network, security and infrastructure issues alike. If unable to resolve, will triage and route the incident to the appropriate level of support.
- The candidate will be experienced with the ITIL processes of Incident (including Critical Incident Management), Problem, Change management and Integrated Service Level Management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- At least 4 years' experience as a systems administrator in a systems operations role.
- Minimum of two years professional hands-on experience with the AWS platform.
- Professional experience managing/operating production systems on AWS.
- Monitoring and auditing systems experience.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- AWS data protection and lifecycle experience using technologies like EBS snapshots, S3/Glacier, data replication between availability zones and regions, etc.
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands on experience implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
- Extensive experience with using ITIL processes, ideally managed using ServiceNow.
- Willingness to serve in a 24x7 on-call cycle to manage escalations.
- Working knowledge of Pharmaceutical regulatory requirements, qualification and validation of applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (content creation such as whitepapers, proof of concepts, etc.). Ability to explain complex technology decisions to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in the organization.
Preferred Certification Requirements:
- AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associates, Professional (preferred).
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate (preferred).
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional (a plus).
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Tim: [email protected]
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-00355
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE