Systems Administrator III Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Systems Administrator III for an opportunity in Mountain View, CA. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for system administration design in a lab environment spanning between specialized equipment running heterogeneous versions of Windows and file servers running Linux, to enable scaling of production activities.
- Research and discover constraints/requirements on Windows lab environment system design flowing from HIPAA and other regulations
- Write design doc based on requirements discovered for review and discussion by various stakeholder teams
- Revise design doc to address concerns
- Document how to implement the design
- Experience having designed and/or deployed a Windows-based lab or production environment in an organization/process subject to regulatory oversight or in another context where change control was rigidly enforced with external constraints
- Ability to create clear design documentation for a Windows domain environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with security and policy teams to share understanding of constraints and possible implementations Ability to work independently from a set of requirements for use cases
- Strong grasp of group policy settings and management in Windows
- Automation experience with Windows Powershell
- Experience having designed and/or deployed a HIPAA compliant Windows-based lab or production environment
- Experience in bridging Windows domain environments with Linux-based storage (e.g. Samba)
- Experience with setting up and administering virtualization platforms (e.g. VMware)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.