Seeking a System Administrator to provide operations and maintenance support for mission communications systems. The candidate will possess system administrator skills in Linux OS patching, file and server backups, and schedule/plan/perform system upgrades. The candidate will have a sound understanding of RF communication concepts such as signal digitization, antenna beam patterns, SNR, and satellite operations. The candidate will be responsible to provide input into the design, implementation, and operation aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and software.
- Developing engineering preventive maintenance plans
- Executing remedial and preventive maintenance activities remotely and in the field
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading Linux OS servers, software-based maintenance tools and other related applications;
- Conduct reviews of complex electrical/electronic systems, components, and equipment associated with the modernization, expansion and upgrade of communication systems consistent with the Radio Frequency (RF).
- Provide technical support of the system which will include, but not be limited to, system and network troubleshooting, RF system repairs and testing of failed systems
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- 2+ years of developing test plans and procedures for RF communications technologies and techniques
- Knowledgeable of IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Experience with radio systems, SATCOM equipment, cryptographic equipment, keying data transfer devices (DTD's), RF Test Equipment (oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters), basic electronic principles, and basic knowledge of networking equipment is required.
- Must be able to support Night/Weekend work
- CONUS and OCONUS travel possible
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required
Experience managing hardware to include hardware administration: enterprise server racks, attached storage, and/or SAN storage