Systems Administrator Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Systems Administrator for an opportunity with a client in Reston, VA. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the design and development of IT systems. This position develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support and system enhancements. The candidate will be responsible for selecting appropriate C.A.S.E. tools to develop systems and software. This role is also responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to technology processes or systems.
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
- Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products. Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure.
- Working with virtual networks (VMware/vCenter), Web Services, and streaming media
- Development of tools and processes for managing services running on Unix and Windows servers.
- Participate in the development and testing of internal tools, scripts and other similar coding projects.
- Work in a DevOps model to define, develop, maintain and support products
- Define and conform to continuous deployment and continuous integration
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies
- Monitor reporting/alarming tools, KPIs, look for issues, errors, inconsistencies, anomalies, etc. to ensure nominal system health
- Attend Scrum meetings, sprint planning sessions, follow Agile methodologies
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 5 to 8 years of systems analysis/programming experience.
- Requires a high level of expertise in multiple system environments.
- Possesses experience in minicomputer or client/server environments including the implementation and support of resource planning, sales automation, marketing, financial and distribution systems.
- A minimum 5+ years of experience in Unix or Linux Systems Administration working with customers in technical operations or engineering
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills and ability to clearly articulate ideas, analysis, issues to team, stakeholders, and management
- Linux System Administration and kubernetes experience with system tuning and scaling of Application Servers.
- In-depth experience with IP networking (TCP/IP packet analysis, DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMP etc.)
- Experience building and/or using RESTful web services and micro-services
- Knowledge of deploying and operating on public or private cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack)
- Tools development in Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or similar languages.
- Develop tools to automate builds and continuous integration using Concourse, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, etc
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.