Job Title/Job Description
Tier 1 Administrator will participate as a member of integrated government/contractor team of technical and functional experts in the conduct of Global Command and Command System - Joint (GCCS-J) and Automated Information Discovery Environment (AIDE) administration; software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services supporting U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) GCCS/AIDE services.
General duties will include:
* Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, and tune system performance.
* Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of GCCS-J which includes the suite of applications; Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, Time Server, Agile Client, Joint Targeting Toolbox (JTT) and Joint Range Extender (JRE).
* Support infrastructures in a mixed Windows/UNIX environment and Red Hat Linux.
* Modify and maintain UNIX/Linux & Windows Hardware & Software configurations.
* Implement and maintain Window desktops, ICEBREAKER and THOR kits.
* Analyze system faults, troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
* Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of AIDE applications to include: CONOPS, Target Library, Intel Confidence Tracking Tool, CEREBRO, ARES, Video Exploitation and Recording System, ISR Tool Kit, Cypher and Technical Information Reporting System.
Travel and Shift Requirements
* This is a shift work position to support 24/7 GCCS/AIDE operations; Nights, weekends and holidays. Candidate must be able and willing to work up to 12 hour shifts, as-needed.
* A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all USCENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
* All candidates must possess 3+ year's experience with Linux/Unix servers, Solaris 8 and 10 operating systems
* Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification
* Oracle Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10
* Military or civilian experience with GCCS/AIDE.
* Windows Operating System and Servers
Education and Certification Requirements
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 3-4+ years of related systems/network troubleshooting experience are required. High School diploma or GED and 7-8+ years of systems/network troubleshooting experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement.
* CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
Desired Education and Skills:
* ITIL v3 Foundation certification desired
Primary Location: MacDill AFB, Tampa, Florida
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/SCI
Shift: shift work position to support 24/7
Schedule: Full Time
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.