IBS has an opportunity for a Senior System Administrator to join a great team in Milwaukee.The Senior Systems Administrator is a highly technical position that is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, patching, updates and documentation of the network and infrastructure across eight sites. This position assists with strategic planning and innovative solutions, and applies advanced technical knowledge to implement and support enterprise voice, video and data services that align with the Company’s business and IT objectives.
The Senior Systems Administrator provides hands-on technical capabilities and manages simple and enterprise-wide projects from initiation to completion for the voice, video and data infrastructure.
This position partners with stakeholders, vendors and the IT Department team to define requirements; and to develop architecture for scalable and reliable network infrastructure to meet present and future business needs.
Provide Project Management for Information Technology upgrades and improvements. Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of the network infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, best practices and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and maintain network communications between existing and new IT infrastructure.
- Configure, test, and maintain security protocols on all IT infrastructure, including intrusion detection systems and network access.
- Recommend purchases and upgrades of hardware and software, including maintenance and support.
- Execute installation, maintenance and enhancements of a wired and wireless network that delivers voice, video and data services on corporate production and guest networks.
- Execute perimeter network security including firewalls.
- Provide maintenance to private DHCP services and both public and private DNS services.
- Ensure data integrity and security by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate network infrastructure hardware and software solutions utilizing industry standards and best practices.
- Work with voice and data service providers to obtain new service and troubleshoot/maintain existing service.
- Virtualize servers and manage a virtualized environment.
- Assist Director of IT in developing standards, policies, and administrative needs.
- Document and share all processes and solutions in a manor to which any technical staff would be able to follow.
- Provide rotational support of on-call phone.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology or similar technical degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience to include technical analysis, systems design, configuration of network equipment required.
- Three (3) years of direct experience with Windows Active Directory.
- Three (3) years of experience in the implementation and maintenance of system.
- Four (4) years of experience with configuration of network infrastructure and system architecting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Email: Microsoft Exchange, VOIP, Fiber Optic, DNS and Spanning Tree.
- Considerable knowledge of Cisco VTP (VLAN database), VLAN configuration and troubleshooting, NTP and Firewall DMZ programming and administration.
- Considerable knowledge of Active Directory – advanced (create OU’s, Group Policy, Forests etc.) Linux scripting.
- Considerable knowledge of SolarWinds and Microsoft SCCM.
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS advance configuration (including EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP routing protocols).
- Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell and Aero-Hive Wireless Networks.