System Administration and network engineering of a UNIX/Linux/Windows environment. Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the environment (servers and networking components) in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
• Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers and network equipment for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
• Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
• Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems and network administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone resources.
• Configures and deploys networks per design.
• Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling.
• Modifies network components and/or software by translating internal and customer requirements and objectives into final product design.
• Develops and evaluates network and system performance criteria and measurement methods.
• Resolves problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble within the environment and interacts with internal and external customer(s).
• BS/BA (or equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 6 years System Administration experience with current versions of RHEL (ver. 6/7).
• Minimum of 6 years System Administration experience with current versions of Windows Server (2008 or 2012).
• Minimum of 6 years of Linux and Windows operating system security configuration.
• Minimum of 6 years of Cisco network configuration and troubleshooting.
• Minimum of 6 years of server configuration and virtual machine experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Familiarity with details of operating system configuration.
• Ability to perform complex infrastructure implementation, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, AD, Large Networks), is a plus.
• Knowledge of RPM builds for software packages.
• Knowledge of lab infrastructure: power requirements, datacenter build-out experience, how to harden a lab.
• Experience with the following is preferred:
o RHEL - SMB, NFS, SELinux
o VMWare ESXi and RHEL KVM experience
o COTS configuration
o Security software experience (Symantec, File Integrity Monitoring)
o Active Directory and Linux Integration
o IIS Web Development and debugging