ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, is a leading solutions integrator focused on using information and technology to solve real world problems for the Federal, state, and local Government organizations we serve. Our Information Solutions, Professional Services, and Information Assurance experts apply the latest technologies and industry methodologies to project management, analytical, personnel training and force structure, healthcare, and education challenges. ASM has a strong track record for 35 years of commitment to our clients' missions that has repeatedly produced extraordinary results.
ASM Research in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for System Administrators with experience in vulnerability remediation and security patching.
- Respond and resolve tickets in a timely manner
- Implement patches, updates and corrective actions needed to mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities
- Implement IT policies, procedures, and system controls
- Provide workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting, imaging, and patching
- Test and image desktops and laptops
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals
- Ensure all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls are resolved
- Provide technical support to end users view telephone
- Test, image, and clean PCs, laptops, and other related hardware
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of vulnerability remediation experience required; 8 years of additional
relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows ACLs.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of patching and updating tools such as SCCM and WSUS
- Experience with Nessus or other network scanning tools strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of security management experience including firewall configurations, server configurations, and desktop client applications to include VMWare.
- Knowledge of basic IA principles and best practices and ability to apply to one's work.
- Troubleshooting and analysis skills for general network and application level issues.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels and to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team setting
- Understanding of a wide variety of desktop applications.
- Experience working within enterprise ticket systems.