Our client is seeking a Systems Administrator for an exciting contract to hire opportunity. This position will provide system administration to high priority infrastructure/systems, servers, clusters, and workstations running a variety of operating systems/applications to include Windows, SANS, and Active Directory. Work will include development, installation, configuration, maintenance, and urgent troubleshooting efforts. Perform administration and maintenance of infrastructure/ systems/desktops. Perform planning, coordination, and execution of operating system installations and upgrades, patches, and service pack releases. Install and configure systems, servers, workstations and peripherals. Respond to all system administration related work requests, including working with system maintainers, system engineering analysis, and integration efforts.
Candidate must be willing and may be required to provide Tier 1 support. The Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for planning, maintaining, and administrating the IT Network for all locations including the domain, active directory, system administration, and network.
- Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and administration of all servers, virtual or physical
- System Administration for Microsoft Server
- Virtual Servers with VMWare
- Windows 7/8 / and 10 OS
- Familiar with Linux Servers, Virtual Servers and clients via terminal services with VMWare
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for incident/problem escalation.
- Minimal travel required to support data center infrastructure on a monthly basis or on an emergency basis as needed.
- Some after hour work required to complete infrastructure upgrades that must be scheduled around business needs
- Participation in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule
- 3+ years as a systems administrator
- 1+ year recently administrating Windows Servers
- 3+ years recently supporting computers with Windows 7/8/10
- 2+ years building or planning builds of servers
- 1+ year of experience with Virtual Servers (VMWare)
- Office 365 administration, spam/virus strategies
- Database Administration
- Maintaining and troubleshooting servers, computers, printers, scanners, and fax machines
- Web servers
- Backup administration/solutions and antivirus solutions & Network/System monitoring solutions