Job Description: Systems Developer – EData Support & Operations
Location: Morrisville, NC
Position Type: Contract
• U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
- Provides application administration including installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of application software.
- Provides first level application support by troubleshooting and resolving end-user and application issues including on call and after hours support.
- Works with Infrastructure (Systems, Network and Database Admins) teams to manage existing infrastructure and fulfill new infrastructure requests.
- Contributes to the development of backup and DR strategies for EIM applications.
- Works with application support lead in managing the application lifecycle inclusive of vendor EOL support, coordinating upgrades and patches and decommissioning EOL systems.
- Works with application support lead to deploy and migrate of application code to Production.
- Works to continuously improve themselves by researching and learning new skills, technologies and industry knowledge.
- 3+ years’ experience with Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012).
- 3+ years’ experience with Unix/Linux – Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Talend Integration Cloud.
- 2+ years’ experience working with relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server).
- Previous experience with Linux shell scripting and Windows batch scripting.
- Previous experience in an application administration or application support role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires 4-yr degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience working with Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange.
- Experience working with Oracle SOA Suite.
- Experience administering and supporting analytic tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), TIBCO Spotfire and SAS.
- Experience administering and supporting other products such as IBM DataPower and Cisco Tidal.
Knowledge of Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Exposure to MDM, Data Governance and Data Virtualization concepts.
- Business knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or clinical research organizations and associated systems such as CTMS, CDMS and IVRS.
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!