View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Security Clearance required: Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Systems Engineer manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure. Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools. Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modification, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to NS3's business requirements.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Assist with the requirements, implementation plan and Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) associated with system implementation and operation.
- Assist with the documentation, deployment and administration of redundant classified IT systems.
- Manage resources hosted on servers such as file shares and applications.
- Analyze IT issues, evaluate alternatives and make logical recommendations based on findings.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. manage enterprise class hardware (servers, switches, firewalls, database Libraries, Ethernet/FC Switches, storage arrays).
- Support and maintain the NS3's Microsoft Exchange 2016 environment, Active Directory, document management system, and all associated sub-systems.
- Perform system maintenance in accordance with established schedules and best practices.
- Monitor, secure, identify, and qualify system patches/updates for consideration.
- Install, update, and maintain supported systems as necessary.
- Perform security audits, report findings, and take corrective action.
- Troubleshoots at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices, at the logical level working with communication protocols.
- Participate in planning design, technical review and implementation for new Virtual Desktop Infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks.
- Build servers with standard build guidelines, harden and work with Information Assurance to remediate findings after IT Security scans.
- Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Change Control Board as required.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards.
- Provide technical consultation, training, and support to IT staff as designated by NS3 director.
- Coordinate engineering reviews and support technical meetings with stakeholders, users and development contractors.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- 'Active” Top Secret with eligibility to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline, plus 15 years' experience.
- Must possess one of the following Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) 4 Foundation certification must be completed within 6 months.
- Expertise and knowledge with the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Instruction No. 1253, Privacy Act of 1947, and implementing systems that contain Sensitive Information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating System.
- Experience with Windows Server administration and active directory design and role-based access control;
- Experience managing a Virtualization solution such as VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V.
- VMware ESX administration and support.
- Experience with deploying & hardening Windows Server 2016, system monitoring; storage area networks; enterprise backup; operating under a secure environment to include deploying security controls to the Windows operating systems; creating server images which support multiple server generations; with storage attached networks administration; with IIS, .Net application deployment and administration; with SharePoint 2013/2016 installation/configuration and a working knowledge of VDI deployment and administration.
- Knowledge of Backup systems and its various topologies and restore process.
- Be able to create user Active Directory and Exchange accounts.
- 15+ years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance.
- Experience deploying and using leading security tools including but not limited to: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, McAfee Enterprise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Host Intrusion Prevention for Servers (HIPS), and DbProtect.
- Patience and Perseverance.
- Ability to think analytical.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering Software Tool(s).
- Strong Organizational Skills. Ability to See the Big Picture.
- Ability to lead, follow and work well in a team environment.
- DESIRED SKILLS: Must have 10-15 years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks.
- In-depth experience with installation, troubleshooting, analysis, design, repair, preventive maintenance, engineering, administration, and building and understanding of Dell servers, database management, Scripting, VMware, NetApp hardware and software, and Enterprise Management Applications.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.