Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Systems Engineering service for ISI customers in the local area, relating to their needs in the following areas: SCADA Systems, PLC Programming, CAD Drawings, Industrial Networking, Systems Calibration, and other duties as assigned.
- Support Instrument Technicians in the field with issues related to interfacing field devices to DCS & SCADA systems, special needs testing, and technical support.
- Work with other System Engineers to resolve backlog of projects while maintaining excellent relationships with current contract customers.
- Provide support for other projects within the local service area, and throughout the ISI footprint as needed.
- Perform data collection and analysis of the various technologies; including but not limited to Vibration, Motor Circuit, Oil, and/or Power Quality Analysis.
- Report job activity as well as maintain detailed logs about service calls, parts, and orders.
- Identify opportunities for upgrades at the customer facility.
- Use company vehicle to travel to and from job sites while maintaining defensive driving habits that reflect upon the sterling reputation of the company.
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Strong Computer skills in the following areas:
- Microsoft Visual Basic and/or other basic programming software
- AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, or other computer aided design software
- Understanding of networks and network structure desired
- Programming in multiple programming languages and scripting techniques
- Basic familiarity of radio based communications and protocols
- Strong understanding of industrial controls and process control including PID Loops and pump control, industrial instrument calibrations, and repairs.
- Analog current loops (4-20mAdc, 1-5Vdc, etc.) and the conversion process between these instrument loops and their PLC counterparts in numeric counts.
- Strong Electrical knowledge and a good understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge of required equipment, including hand tools, power tools, and instrument loops, etc.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to be on-call 24/7, including overnight travel to various locations & customer sites to provide service and training based on business needs.
- Duties performed indoors & outdoors with exposure to weather, elements, heavy equipment, earth excavation, power tools, clean room, animal and insect bite exposure, dirt and noise.
- Ability to travel nationally when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (BSEE / BSEET / ASEE with PLC Programing) required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred, namely in Electrical Engineering (MSEE/MSEET). Additional experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- 1-3+ years’ experience programming PLCs (Allen Bradley, Automation Direct, MOSCAD, etc.) required; Process/Flow Control experience strongly desired.
- 1-3+ years’ experience with Computer based HMI software (Wonderware, VTSCADA, Lookout, etc.) required.
- Strong computer proficiency required, namely the ability to operate a variety of electronic and microcomputer instruments used to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, and level.
- Clean driving record required.
- Electrical/Mechanical Contractors license a plus
- Mechanical and Electrical installation skills a plus
- Varied environment; customer facilities will include indoor and outdoor environments, with exposure to all potential weather elements, clean rooms, factories, and others.
- Travel up to 50%
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.