Job Title: Systems Engineer 4 - 602-Certificatn/Qualification
Location: Everett, Washington 98204
Duration: 06 Months
- This is a position on the 777X Regulatory Administration Team (commonly referred to as the 777X Certification Team). Prior certification experience is required.
- Role will be to support the Regulatory Administration team by partnering with design teams (Mechanical/Hydraulics, Avionics, Cyber Security and Network Security) to support airplane-level certification objectives.
- POSITION RESPONSIBILITES This position supports executing certification strategies in an ever-changing environment. Responsibilities include:
- Working with engineers and regulators to successfully address domestic and international certification topics related to mechanical/hydraulic aspects, cyber security, avionics and/or network security
- Tracking and resolving open issue papers (FAA) and certification review items (European Aviation Safety Agency) in the aforementioned areas
- Reviewing and accepting certification plans to validate alignment with internal and regulatory processes
- Arranging and facilitating discussions between subject matter experts and government agencies
- Publishing summaries that accurately reflect regulatory discussions and follow-on efforts
- Participating in airplane design reviews with the goal of highlighting and mitigating certification risks, from a procedural perspective
- Providing input into the certification basis of the 777X based on design team efforts
- Ensuring certification aspects for major program milestones are met by partnering within and across the organization