Title: Systems Engineer(DOOR)
Duration: 12 Months contract
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Anaheim CA 92805
- This position is responsible for supporting the planning and technical execution of the entire system development lifecycle of power conversion and protection products. Product maturity ranges from refreshes of fielded systems to new product introduction. Overall responsibilities include executing system engineering efforts from requirement definition, architecting, design execution, and the support of integration and verification.
- The position operates primarily as an individual contributor.
- The position will execute system engineering activities during the requirements definition and design phases. This position works under the guidance of a more senior system engineer along with other engineering disciplines to apply system engineering methodologies and tools (e.g., functional analysis, context diagrams, trade studies, requirements definition/allocation, modeling) to define system architecture and design. Additionally, this position supports the development and maintenance of technical risk and technical performance measures throughout the course of the project. During the integration and verification phases, the position will support procedure development and participate in structured and/or ad-hoc problem solving activities associated with test findings. In addition to tactical execution, this position will support continuous improvement activities within the System Engineering knowledge domain.
- This includes, but is not limited, to procedure/work instruction development, template development, tool enhancements, training, and mentoring.
- Typical day to day responsibilities would be generating system engineering architecture and design artifacts such as requirements documents, architectural views, concept of operations/use cases, interface design requirements/descriptions, risk matrices, TPM metrics, and system behavioral models/analysis. Major reviews supported by this position are the major design reviews (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR). This position will work intimately with design engineers to provide real-time support and guidance with respect to requirements, architecture, and interfaces. To perform effectively, it is expected that this position be knowledgeable of system requirements, system operations, and understand end user needs. This position requires a person that is highly detailed oriented, structured, well-organized, and can effectively communicate complex topics to varied audiences.