The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Lead Network/System Administrator / IT Support Lead to work at our Annapolis Junction, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual will be responsible for leading a team of System Administrators and Network Administrators who perform daily system administration and network support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet test and operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. U.S. travel to local partner sites and occasional overseas travel to non-combat locations is likely.
The selected individual will be responsible for installing, monitoring, and overseeing the process of systems and applications, and ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will provide support for server and desktop configuration and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions in an environment that includes Linux and Microsoft-based servers and workstations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and managing and tracking project work.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems.
- Providing support for calls and emails to ensure all interactions are timely and professional.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below;
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, or a related field and at least 8 years of applicable experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Preferred certifications are: CCNA Security, MCP, and/or RHCE.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- In-depth understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Experience with High Assurance platforms, application integration testing methods, and Software Deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.