Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer for a position in the Richmond, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
We are seeking a detail-oriented Systems Engineer to work directly with Program Leadership, Subject Matter Experts, development partners and stakeholders to support the development and integration of small to medium-scale systems solutions. The System Engineer’s tasks will focus on all aspects of system deployment, including requirements gathering, architecture and design, working with the project team to ensure design aspects are understood and implemented as intended, and following the requirements and design through testing to delivery and O&M.
Requires a Bachelors Degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and leading engineering efforts, defining processes, and troubleshooting hardware devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, and controllers.
- Demonstrated experience designing, configuring and testing computer/server software and hardware.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering efforts working with system partners to design and implement full-scale integration between partnering systems to meet documented requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise-wide stakeholders to compile comprehensive requirements and ensure all deliverables meet both technical and business needs.
- Demonstrated experience in creating accurate diagrams and documentation for design and planning systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge working with SQL, and third/fourth generation languages in the design and implementation of systems and using database management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, CISCO network hardware, and network monitoring software.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting strong communication skills, both oral and written, presenting information to both a technical and non-technical audiences.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.