Systems Engineer Overview:
Signature Consultants is currently seeking a Systems Engineer with 7+ years of experience to be part of our client's Solution Architecture and Integration Team. The Systems Engineer will interface with customers in gathering requirements, designing and proposing Video Analytics solution that meets the customer requirements. In this customer-facing role, the SE will be responsible for solution validation, deployment, support and acceptance.
- Gain progressive knowledge on NEC Video analytics solutions
- Work with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to gather and analyze business requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Identify and evaluate the solution that meets the business requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineering team for Agile solution development
- Design, stage and validate the solutions for deployment readiness
- Deploy and work with customer to gain acceptance
- Provide post deployment technical support
- Perform other system engineering duties as assign
- Must have 7+ years of experience in a customer facing SE role
- Must have 3+ years of extensive experience in installation, configuration, validation and deployment of surveillance systems that includes cameras and VMS.
- Any camera surveillance is acceptable
- Understanding of containerization & virtualization technologies; e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, VMware, Hyper-V
- Strong understanding of Linux and Windows platforms
- Expert knowledge of fundamental LAN/WAN technologies and IP protocols such as HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, NFS including TCP/IP networking (IPv4/IPv6)
- Experience working with geographically distributed agile teams
- Strong communication, organizational skills and has the ability to deal with ambiguity while handling multiple priorities / projects simultaneously
- Must be able to travel on short notice (up to 25%)
- 2 - 3 day advanced notice
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office Suites and Visio
Nice to Have:
- Highly desire 2+ years of design, deployment, validation and supporting SaaS/Hybrid model Cloud solution in Azure or AWS or Google Cloud or Private Cloud
- Any above is acceptable
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and tools
- Understanding of QA and Testing concepts and tools
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Language Skills: Excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic Math
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role with ability to train and disseminate information to other team members as an senior level software architect including virtual team members.
- The ability to display strength working closely with other team members, managers and clients is a key element of this position. In-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s) and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization/solution.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and add value & leadership as a team member for the team. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate technical and competitive information within area of expertise.
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
- Computer and/or Technical Skills: Leading-edge technical knowledge and consultative skills above reproach, with in-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s).
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- General Work Environment: Office
- Noise: Moderate
- Standing/Lifting: 20 lbs.
- Visual: Clear
- Stress: High
- Supervisory Responsibility, if any: No supervisory responsibility.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is named the 15th Largest IT Staffing Firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit https://www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.