Systems Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opportunity in Miami, FL. The Senior Systems Engineer is a highly knowledgeable member of a team responsible for developing IT infrastructure solutions and standards that meet or exceed business performance expectations.
Responsibilities include the design, engineering, architecture, tuning, and optimization of enterprise computer systems and related components to achieve high availability and performance for various business applications. Incumbent will support all systems solution designs across all aspects of the business. This includes ship based systems as well as land based systems.
The position is responsible for creating detailed solution designs and documentation that supports the development, implementation and operations of enterprise-class computer systems used globally across ship and shore locations.
This role will support cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications with staff throughout the organization and service providers while promoting a positive work environment that supports consistency and drives efficiencies.
- Design, plan, document, and support the configuration of logical and physical system layouts
- Provide direction for the Installation and configuration of all software packages as needed to support business requirements
- Perform analysis and develop solutions based on established service agreements for capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Participate in the development of system solution standards
- Develop detailed design, installation and configuration documentation for enterprise system deployments
- Ensure in solutions and deployments, the security of our enterprise infrastructure and compliance with all applicable security standards (PCI, PII, HIPPA etc.).
- Recommend and oversee projects that expand, change, or improve the systems and related infrastructure.
- Provide assistance and reviewing performance and capacity requests as well as design solution resolution
- Collaborate with the Brand service delivery leaders to ensure an understanding of business cases and to ensure that the appropriate solution is selected that meets the business need.
- Act as the highest level of engineering escalation for issues encountered.
- Ability to work with other infrastructure teams for new systems designed and engineered
- Provide system support and troubleshooting expertise as needed for designed solutions
- Perform other duties and special projects as required
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years' experience in providing solution of virtualized Wintel based ecosystems in large and small scale environments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert level design and solution engineering experience of the Microsoft Windows OS.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft infrastructure technologies and operating systems
- Expert in VMWare, HyperV or other Virtualization offerings
- Expert in Windows Server administration, implementation, and support
- Expert in Microsoft Windows Server Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy
- Expert in Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- Expert in System Center Configuration Manager
- Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with VMware, vSphere Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Experience with PKI Certificates and Certificate Services
- Experience with Hyper-converged infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- MCSA or MCSE preferred
- Knowledge of AWS and or Azure Cloud Services, Active Directory Federation services, and Cloud AD
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.