Our client is looking for an experienced systems engineer. The right candidate will be a critical technical resource and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for system integration, IT solutions, and technical process improvement projects. You will bring to the team prior experience working with stakeholders to define system requirements and performance standards as well as performing systems evaluations. Responsibilities include:
- Develops overall functional and systems requirements and specifications for new systems and / or technologies. Provides requirements for hardware/software and internet usability and accessibility.
- Prepares system design specifications.
- Develops technical configurations with cost analysis, participating in long-range planning activities.
- Engineers systems with a focus on security and IA compliance.
- Ensures systems reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access are considered in systems requirements and designs.
- Documents hardware and software configurations.
- Provides advice and guidance on a wide range of complex IT issues; interpret IT policies, standards and guidelines.
- Works closely with team to ensure seamless implementation, resolve installation and system failure problems and mitigate security violations / risks.
- Researches and recommends new technologies; develops standards for server performance; evaluates new hardware/software installation requirements.
- Designs and maintains system architecture diagrams.
- Analyzes current and future business needs and plans, providing guidance in development and design of hardware systems and software.
- Prepares business case analysis for IT solutions, including defining scope, objectives, and cost estimates for new or modified systems.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends IT infrastructure, new systems and/or technologies.
- Conducts feasibility studies and plans for the implementation of new IT systems and/or technologies.
- Formulates studies of hardware, software / Internet usability and accessibility requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology-related discipline, OR five (5) years of equivalent, relevant experience can be substituted for degree.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience related to job responsibilities.
- Qualifying 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II (e.g. CompTIA Security+)
- Operating System/Computing Environment training in one of the following (holding an MCSA or above will satisfy any of the requirements below):
- Windows Server 2008 (Recommended coursework - Microsoft 70-640 (Windows Server 2008 Active Directory), 70-642 (Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure), and 70-646 (Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator)); OR
- Windows Server 2012 (Recommended coursework - Microsoft 70-410 (Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012), 70-411 (Administering Windows Server 2012), and 70-412 (Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services)); OR
- Windows Server 2016 (Recommended coursework - Microsoft 70-740 (Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016), 70-741 (Networking with Windows Server 2016), and 70-742 (Identity with Windows Server 2016)).
- Secret clearance
Place of Performance: Norfolk Naval Shipyard - Portsmouth, VA