Responsible for the design and management of complex systems over the lifecycle. Creates internal IT processes and performs analysis to identify opportunities for enhancement, creating scripts to automate internal workflows. Provides technical expertise in solving system-wide issues and recommends alternatives for solutions. Supports all aspects of development, integration, and testing processes such as lifecycle cost analysis, design, schedules, and feasibility studies.
- Candidate will provide O&M support for day-to-day activities for 'Production', 'Pre-Production', and 'Post-Production' environments (~8 environments, ~200 servers), across multiple government hosted data centers, as well as support for an O&M Azure Cloud infrastructure.
- Resource will support activities associated with the buildout if one or more project effort occurring during normal business hours, with occasional scheduled evening or weekend support required. Role will involve client interacting concerning project status, as well as able to make recommendations as needed. Shall create/update documentation, system diagrams and deliverables, and effectively communicate issues and resolution steps as needed. Will work closely with internal teams (O&M development, security, data, testing/QC, configuration management ) as well as various client POC.
Provides technical expertise and analytical support to the users in solving system-wide issues with ongoing support within multiple disciplines including system infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering, and design.
* Designs and develops reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintains scripts, and updates as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product.
* Provides technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing systems.
* Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project.
* Performs complex systems development and design work that may include operating systems upgrades, systems enhancements logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
* Performs business case analysis and feasibility, including the examination of costs, benefits, and risks associated with the proposed investment or project. Recommends alternatives for solutions and highlights strategic implications.
* Develops technical specifications based on user needs, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications.
* Analyzes business operations and processes to identify opportunities for process improvement, management control of work, or automation. Generates process and solution options and reviews with appropriate stakeholders.
* Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
* Architects, designs, implements, supports, and evaluates secure, infrastructure focused tools and services.
* Installs, configures, tests, and maintains operating systems, applications software, and system management tools.
* Ensures that the technical infrastructure is sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical environment that supports the processes, resources, and operators required for developing, integrating, sustaining enterprise applications and support services.
* Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of complex, inter-linked systems.
* Develops solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions, validates results by testing programmers, and ensures operation by training client personnel and providing support.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, other relevant field, or equivalent relevant experience.
Advanced computing certification preferred.
5-10 years of experience in Systems Engineering/Analysis
Other Job Specific Skills
* Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work.
* Ability to elicit, analyze, document, and validate the system requirements that support the required system changes to meet the business need.
* Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary.
* Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong skills in IT fundamentals including, but not limited to: server administration, networking, database support/administration, infrastructure support, and IT security design.
* Demonstrated ability to provision, install, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
* Ability to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
* Proven ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues.
* Demonstrated capability to creatively solve complex requirements needs.
* Strong experience applying process and systems engineering, analytics and operations research methods at every phase of a project.