Sr. Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months+
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Build and manage multiple software development and infrastructure environments (in-house and on Amazon EC2)
- Build, deploy and manage software development tools/environments as required by the development team (Rally, Jira, Git and others)
- Deploy software in all environments; work with Production Deployment team to ensure successful deployments
- Collect and review machine data using Splunk to gain further operational insight to improve overall systems performance
- Work with Monitoring Engineering to deploy BPM scripts in production
- Work with hosting engineering to ensure production systems achieve highest reliability, availability and performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of IT experience with 3+ years of hands-on experience in system administration, software deployment automation and monitoring
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of Patching/Roll-back of systems.
- Strong understanding of Disaster Recovery.
- Prior experience with HA architectures.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, OAuth2 authorization framework and API Gateways
- Hands-on knowledge of API Gateway (Layer7 preferred), Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSL.
- Hands-on experience and administration of Mongo, Redis, MySQL.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Splunk, Datadog, Nagios etc.).
- Hands-on Experience with at-least one programming language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Go etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more Linux Distributions (SUSE, Ubuntu etc.).
- Working knowledge of one or more Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with Computer Networking
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation