The Senior Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the System Engineering group that support core organizational functions. The primary objective of the Senior Systems Engineer is to develop electrical/mechanical technical solutions to clients' application requirements, and ensure those solutions are materialized during project execution. The Senior Systems Engineer may serve as both a Project Manager and Project Engineer on assigned projects and shall apply sound project management and good engineering practices in designing and managing design execution teams for the delivery of systems that solve complex end user vacuum and over-pressure applications. The Senior Systems Engineer shall perform in coordination and collaboration with Project Managers, Electrical Designers/Programmers, Mechanical Designers on given executions, this role shall be performed under the general oversite and guidance of the Engineering Manager and the direct supervision of the Engineering Manager.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Evaluates requests for quotation to produce quotations based upon available information utilizing Engineering calculations, reference materials, tools and leveraging both internal departmental resources and knowledge as well as external resources knowledge
- Designs proposed vacuum system to meet the customer's requirements, calculating gas flows, pressure drops and heat load requirements
- Selects and specify all components that need to be quoted
- Leads team of subject matter experts to ensure technical standards of design are executed in relation to customer technical requirements and the targets for corporate profitability and on time delivery
- Develops a project schedule, and communicate updates to stakeholders which will identify risks to cost, quality, schedule and safety throughout the project
- Navigates project changes, whether technical or commercial, and communicate the results of change effectively internally and/or with external customer
- Identifies and take lead in specifying customized features and components that meet design scope and customer's requirements
- Interfaces with customer and field personnel, on the phone and in person, providing information on equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Checks all pump and system orders for accuracy and agreement with the quotation, post order receipt
- Assists the Sales and Service Department, as requested, in establishing safe operating procedures and in resolving field problems
- Provides field sales and Product/Marketing with technical information, such as reports, charts, monograph, and calculations to aid in selling the company products
- Takes lead as a Project Manager in managing the technical aspects of the system design process to meet customer This includes but is not limited to application knowledge, customer requirements, drawings and/or design compliance, system functionality and equipment testing
- Assists Sales and Product/ Marketing, as requested, in the development of new markets and new market strategies
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common scientific and technical, financial and legal documents
- Presents information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors to better understand the job objectives
- Applies engineering concepts, calculates, designs, quotes and specifies vacuum systems
- Collaborates with all Engineering department and intra-departmental personnel to ensure final design meets customer requirements
- Develops and/or promotes technical solutions which support the business requirements within their area of expertise in conjunction with the Agile teams. They may be accountable for specific deliverables and profitability in relation to the development of a project, support or may lead the technical activity within their area of specialism.
- Analysis & Reasoning - Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems
- Analytical Skills - Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, solve problems, and process into meaningful data
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and
- Customer Oriented - Ability to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting client's needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or
- Diversity Oriented- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized
- Analytical Skills - Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, solve problems, and process into meaningful
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's
- Confidentiality - Integrity and discretion required due to the high level of confidential business-related information
- Consequence of error - Responsible for actions and decisions that may have a significant impact on the
- Facilitating Groups - Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Teamwork - Ability to give and receive team member assistance in working toward a goal with a positive spirit.
- Planning & Organizing - Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Safety Focused- Maintain clean and organized work areas and work stations. Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Writing - Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school): Required
- Field of study: Mechanical or Chemical Engineering: Preferred
- Experience: 7 to 10 years of experience in vacuum pump/systems or related design and project management.
- Addition Requirement: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to understand Electrical and Automation terminology and concepts. Must possess excellent technical aptitude with sound design and application knowledge about industrial systems (preferably from the vacuum industry).
- Computer Skills: Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, MS (data base activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.) Familiar with Solid Works and AutoCAD software. Work in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.