IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problem and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
• Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
• Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
• Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
• Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
• Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
• Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
• Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
• Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
• Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
• Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
• Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
• Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
• May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
• Writes programming/scripting
• May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
• Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
• May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
• Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
• 5 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
• Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
• Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
• Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Required Job Specific Skills
• 2 years supporting a Windows Server environment.
• Previous work experience as a Windows System administrator supporting a large enterprise.
• Support production and test environment servers (Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016) and related business applications.
• Experience in Active Directory: OUs and policy inheritance. Create and edit policy. Manage user objects.
• Management of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Operating Systems (i.e. settings, services, roles, security)
• Strong knowledge of network routing, switching and firewall policies, protocols and standards
• Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware, a plus.
• Experienced in managing 5000+ endpoints.
• Scripting experience including batch files, PowerShell.
• Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develop and implement improved practices.
• Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems
• Contact vendors for problem and incident resolution.
$40.00 - $45.00 /Hour
IT & Technical