We have an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineering Consultant/Expert with our client in Dearborn, MI.
ROLE This position is ideal for the multi-faceted individual who has experience as a System Engineer, Solution Architect, Business Analyst, and Project Manager, and is interested in working with a portfolio of cutting edge tools, multiple IT organizations and business customers. In this role, you will work closely with multiple organizations (Business Customers, Product Owners, GDIA, IT) to convert business goals into product requirements and prioritize them as user stories on the product backlog. You will coordinate with managing a product roadmap. You will act as the single point of contact for assigned tools.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Develop Python/R code that acts as building blocks to be used by Data Scientists.
- As part of this activity, it is envisioned that you will work to deploy this code to multiple target environments, including Anaconda Enterprise, PCF, OpenShift, and the GPU batch cluster.
- Participate and/or lead incident, problem, change and service request related activities.
- Includes incident, problem, change, and service request management. Includes root cause analysis (RCA).
- Includes participation in stand-up operations meetings. Includes proactive problem management / defect prevention activities.
- Work with Architects and Security Controls Champion on solution design.
- Work with IT Operations (ITO), IT Engineering, Asset Planning Lifecycle Management (APLM) and GDIA Business Customers in the acquisition, provisioning, installation and configuration and testing hardware/software
- Work with GDIA business customers in migration from old tools/platforms to new and/or adoption of new tools.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER EXPERIENCE:
- Develop Python and R applications.
- Experience installing, and configuring system software. Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Strong communication, and organizational and coordination skills as well as experience coordinating activities across multiple diverse teams.
- Experience with analytics tools, including Anaconda, Informatica, Alteryx, QlikView, Tableau, Hadoop, Attunity. Experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift and PCF.
- B.S. Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, which start immediately upon hire.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 10 Paid Vacation Days annually
- Flexible spending
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance