We have an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineering Practitioner with our client in Allen Park, MI.
- Architecture and technology oversight of the Network Operations Tools, which support global operations, which includes: Application / technology / infrastructure lifecycle planning, disaster Recovery / BCP coordination / implementation / planning, security controls implementation / paperwork
- Infrastructure server support for the Network Operation Tools department. The NetOps Tools department provides 3rd level support to the Global CNA team, Extranet Operations, LAN-WAN Planning, Network Engineering, Voice / Unified Communications: Life Cycle Project Management
- Support of network log collection, data retention, and re-distribution using enterprise log management utilities
- Operation and management of Network Visibility tools
- Solid understanding of all aspects Linux OS security
- Experience with network protocols and systems: Balabit or similar experience with Syslog-NG or other products performing high-volume log collection.
- Experience with complex Syslog configuration, Syslog filtering and forwarding, and kernel tuning for performance
- Experience with Syslog downstream feeds to other systems such as Splunk or Cyber Security systems such as SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) such as IBM QRadar
- Experience interacting with enterprise Architecture and Security and Controls processes. Communications with senior architects and security personnel
- Experience with multiple of the following network management systems: TFTP, Syslog, Syslog-NG, Cacti, MRTG, Nagios, IBM Netcool, Cisco Secure Client for TACACS, RADIUS services, Splunk for log index and search, diagnosis and operational dashboards
- Experience with TCP/IP packet capture systems including analysis of packet captures.
- Apache / IBM HTTP Server web administration experience
- Hands-on experience with facilities, data centers, hosting environments, cabling, etc.
- Proven operations experience in two or more large enterprises
- Strong scripting skills: Bash, Perl, other
- Life Cycle Project Management
- Proven knowledge of IP networks and Cisco network design
- Experience utilizing GitHub for Source Control
- Knowledge of standard ITSM and Network Management Systems (BMC Service Desk, IBM Netcool, Splunk)
- ITIL / ITSM process knowledge Linux Certification Cisco Certification
- Experience with SQL, and basic web programming experience
- Cisco device/OS/CLI and Cisco IP network knowledge
- Consultant level knowledge of storage and database systems
- Windows OS experience Technical project lead will be required.
- And the expectation is daily interaction with client IT architects, security teams, network operations level-1 and level-2 support teams, network engineering and planning groups, security and controls champions, cloud engineering and planning organizations, and many varied inputs from Emerging IT teams in client location.
- This will be a fast-paced position with new requirements coming quickly that we will have to react to, prioritize, and implement.
- Bachelors in IT related field
https://www.v2soft.com/careers - to view all of our open opportunities and to learn more about our benefits.