PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Virtualization engineering and associated technologies: Nutanix, VMware ESX, vSphere, vCOPS, vCenter, NSX, SRM and vCloud.
- Server hardware and operating systems: HP Blade Systems/Servers and Windows Server Operating Systems 2008/2012/2016. Linux knowledge a plus.
- Solarwinds enterprise monitoring tools and framework.
- Proficient with tools that monitor critical applications and infrastructure. This includes: alerting and escalation mechanisms, dashboards and overall framework to support the management of the firm’s systems, network, and applications.
- Scripting and automation experience is also a plus.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including, TCP/IP, networking, data security, SAN/NAS and datacenter best practices.
- Provides technical guidance and project management for large-scale domestic and international projects. ITIL or related training a plus.
- Enterprise SAN/NAS storage platforms: HP 3PAR, HP LeftHand, EMC Isilon and NetApp.
- Enterprise backup and recovery solutions; CommVault and Veeam.
- Disaster recovery and high availability concepts.
- Works with the Architecture team to implementing short and long-term strategic plans and ensure the infrastructure designs and capacity requirements meets existing and future business requirements.
- Participates and leads in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Responsible to maintain and conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, technology, and standards in support of infrastructure related procurement and development efforts.
- Provides tier III support for client requests, incidents and problems related to our server and storage subsystems.
- Where needed, provide after-hours support to address incidents and to maintain systems, support operational efforts and implement changes that would otherwise create business impact.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to travel (limited) to the firm’s other offices as necessary.
- Will be responsible to collaborate with other teams in the development, implementation, testing, and rollout of new hardware, software, and applications serving the firm's business needs.
- Assists the team in the development, interpretation, administration and communication of departmental strategies, policies and procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge. Appropriate certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of working enterprise experience in an IT operations, system administration/engineering or Infrastructure role and must possess proficiencies in core systems as described above.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
Thorough command of the industry language and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical users.
Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
Strong written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following:
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Visio applications
Microsoft System Center, VmWare, SolarWinds, CommVault & VEEAM backup technologies.
A conceptual understanding of the operation of Microsoft operating system, Active Directory, computer operations and network design topology
Experience with Certificate Services is a plus
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.