Our Client develops and markets highly reliable communication and information systems for mission critical applications. The company is continuously growing worldwide, therefore the long-term development of employees is essential and there are always new opportunities available.
Our Client's safety-critical communication and information solutions leverage more than seventy years of experience showcasing true leadership in this market. With deep cross-industry experience in civil aviation, defense, public safety, maritime and public transportation markets; the company has built upon its initial control center voice communications focus to develop deep expertise in these five areas of core competence. The company has driven innovation throughout its history with many industry first's. This will continue as the industry evolves, with a focus on user-Central design that considers the controller in all it does.
Our client is looking to bring on a Systems Network Engineer:
Provides systems and integration engineering support for software and hardware systems, subsystems, and modules.
- Responsible for integrating components, developing and following test procedures to verify systems and perform system debug of upgrade
- Documents discrepancies and Interfaces with Hardware and Software development teams to remedy and test problem areas.
- Monitors system compliance with customer requirements and industry standards.
- Performs collection, analysis, and reporting of operational data for use in maintenance, performance, and planning for future enhancements/upgrades.
- Verifies maturity of Hardware and Software versions against internal and customer specifications.
- Participates in the development of overall integration requirements and schedule to meet customer and company strategic goals
- Primary technical point of contact for the customer.
- Interfaces with other department leads to reflect the coordination input from other departments as it affects the design goals and deliverables.
- Support factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests, and system failure analysis
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.